Attendees will be provided with the knowledge that will help reduce the chance of human error through the following content:
- Defining human error
- Understanding human failure and the degradation of performance levels
- Human factor analysis – job / organisation / individual fit
- Processes to determine task error analysis. Three simple methods will be introduced :-
1. Job safety analysis (JSA) - looking at simple analysis to help people understand how to break a task down in to its critical components
2. Hierarchical task analysis – completion of basic flowcharts
3. Human Reliability Assessment (HRA) – introduction to the concept of HRA and completion of a basic assessment.
The training course is interactive and utilises various examples, case studies and exercises to aid the learning process
It is also possible to deliver the course as a 1.5 day tailored on-site practical session where attendees will complete a human reliability assessment in their own working environment to help aid the learning process.