This City & Guilds accredited qualification requires the successful completion of five work based tutor marked assignments (two mandatory & three from a possible six options).
The mandatory assignments are:
- Thermodynamics and Steam Generation
- Combustion and Abatement Processes
The optional assignments are:
- Feed System Principles and Construction
- Electrical Systems and Applications
- Principles and Construction of Steam Raising Plant
- Steam Turbine Principles and Construction
- Control System Principles and Operation
- Principles and Construction of Auxiliary systems
The first assignment will be issued during an initial tutorial session where the full programme and guidance on completing the assignments will be provided. Subsequent assignments will be distributed by post or e-mail.
On-going support will be provided by the assigned tutor during office hours by telephone or by e-mail to answer queries and provide further guidance.
By the end of the programme, candidates will have a thorough understanding of how theoretical principles apply to their plant and their managers will see how well this has been demonstrated through the assignment submissions.