In delivering the objectives for this theoretical course, the main topics covered include:
- Background and best practice methodologies for managing the safety risks associated with BTFs
- The impact of operating regime (boiler load, flexible operation, fuel changes) on different failure mechanisms to promote proactive rather than reactive, maintenance strategies
- The management of water chemistry
- The importance of adhering to approved welding procedures
- Considerations in pressure part design to mitigate the BTF threat
- Effective recording and management of BTF failure information
A series of practical examples based upon actual situations are used to illustrate the key messages from the course whilst the opportunity for informal discussion is sued to further understanding. Each course member will be supplied to with a manual that includes a series of technical papers written by the presenters and which relate to the key topic areas covered by the course.